Finding the right commercial space can be what makes or breaks your business. From increasing customer foot traffic to improving employee morale, the right space can inject new energy into your business. With a good foundation, your business will grow into something greater than you could have ever imagined. That’s why knowing the right commercial real estate agency in NJ is so crucial.
And customer foot traffic and employee morale are just the beginning. The benefits of finding the right commercial space go far beyond that. Not to mention the benefits offered simply by working with an established agency. From site selection to acquisitions and dispositions, even tenant representation, the commercial real estate industry is vast. It’s ever-changing, and its needs are many. This makes it all the more worthwhile to find someone who will walk alongside you and your business.
The benefits of new commercial real estate in NJ
Finding the right commercial space for your business is a big deal. Oftentimes, it’s a new beginning. Other times, it’s a fresh start. What matters most is it’s done right. Some of the benefits of working with a commercial realtor in NJ are obvious. Some, not so much. Each is impactful, and shouldn’t be ignored Here they are:
- Improved visibility: As we’re sure you’re already aware, location is key. After all, customers can’t buy what they can’t see. People won’t seek jobs at a place they don’t know exists. So, being in a high-traffic area or in another with good visibility from the street can help potential customers and employees find your business more easily.
- Access to the right target market: Talking about customers, the right location can help you reach your target market more effectively. The right commercial real estate agency can work with you to determine your target demographic. After that, they can put your business right within a stronger customer base.
- Enhanced brand image: Now, we know this is usually applied to food, but it also applies to commercial spaces too: People eat with their eyes first. As such, a well-designed and attractive commercial space can help to enhance your brand image and create a positive impression in the minds of customers.
- Increased profitability: Finding the right commercial space goes beyond just increasing how much money can go in. It involves decreasing how much money goes out. The right space can result in increased profitability by reducing overhead costs, like electricity and rent.
- Increased foot traffic: Just like improving visibility can increase sales, so can increasing foot traffic. It’s one thing for potential customers to see your business. It’s another to make it accessible. The right location can attract more customers and increase foot traffic to your business, which can result in higher sales and profits.
- Improved employee morale: At Blau & Berg, we believe employees are at the heart of every successful retail or business space. Any commercial real estate agency worth its salt will also consider the employee. A well-designed and comfortable workplace can help to improve employee morale, which can lead to increased productivity and job satisfaction.
Unfortunately, finding the right commercial space can often be a daunting task. Especially with the radical shifts we’ve taken as a nation since COVID-19 hit, there are mixed speculations on commercial real estate revenue and growth. Not to mention the fluctuating need for new spaces to be built and old ones to be remodeled.
Does this mean it’s impossible? No. It just means you need to work with a commercial real estate agency that cares.
An established NJ commercial real estate agency
Since our inception in 1932, The Blau & Berg Company has held a leading position both in the New Jersey and Tri-State commercial real estate sectors. Headquartered in Short Hills, New Jersey, we’re an independent, full-service commercial real estate broker, and our philosophy is to do everything for you, so you don’t have to. It’s not enough to find the perfect real estate space for you. It’s everything to make sure you don’t feel lost along the way or after.
Of course, our specialty is in industrial and office spaces, but we go much further than that. As an established commercial real estate agency NJ, we know serving you in every way makes the biggest difference for you and your business. This includes things like site selection, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, tenant representation, portfolio sales, asset repositioning, and even property and construction consulting.
That’s our greatest concern: You and your company. When the time comes, you should find the right commercial real estate agency that can do everything we just mentioned.
What full-NJ commercial real estate service looks like
As we said before, the success of your business goes beyond simply finding the right location. It’s service in every way that makes the biggest difference. A good broker can not only find you the right location, but they can do everything else as well. These are the big ones:
- Site selection: Perhaps the most critical process in commercial realty is more than just picking the site. It’s knowing how to pick the perfect site. From demographic and market analyses to zoning and regulations. It’s determining whether a site will suit your business and help drive profit.
- Acquisitions and dispositions: Both of which are strategic moves for businesses and investors alike to either gain an asset or free up capital. Acquisitions refer to the process of acquiring a property or real estate asset. Dispositions refer to the process of selling or disposing of a property or real estate asset.
- Leasing management: Here’s where a good commercial real estate agency can really come into play in NJ. This specifically is the process of managing and overseeing commercial leases. Things like negotiating agreements, term adherence, and handling disputes. All so you don’t have to.
- Tenant representation: It’s sort of like a lawyer representing a client in court. With all the minutia that goes into commercial real estate, you shouldn’t have to memorize it all. Let someone else do it for you, someone who will guide you through the leasing process.
Of course, there’s more—There’s always more in commercial real estate. Services like portfolio sales, asset repositions, and property and construction consulting are a must. However, what’s important is that you find someone who already knows it all.
Saving you time and money
When looking for the right commercial real estate agency, there are three things you must keep at the back of your mind. They’ll be integral to your business’s success and will determine how many headaches you might have down the road: Expertise, access to listings, and negotiation skills.
Obviously, whoever you pick has to carry the expertise and pedigree to back up your decision. Any established commercial real estate agency in NJ can do this nicely. However, they also need access to as many listings as possible. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s. You’re unique and so is your business. And finally, they need the negotiation skills to get you not only what you want but what you deserve. Don’t be afraid to test them a little. See what they can do for you.
Adhering to these three criteria will ensure your time is saved and your risks mitigated. In the end, time is money. You’ve already put everything into your business. There’s no need to risk it with an agency that might not know what they’re doing.