Troy Schaafsma, Sales Associate for The Blau & Berg Company, is responsible for representing clients in all facets of real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
Troy began his career working as a real estate developer with a construction company that grossed over $9.5 million in sales in 2018. The company specializes in high end luxury homes in the greater NYC area. In addition to construction, he also pursued his passion for cars and started an international car dealership, importing exotic sports cars from Japan, Australia and Canada. Today the company has grown and developed relationships all over the world. Through this endeavor, Troy refined his knowledge in supply chain logistics and optimized the process of importing sports cars through the Newark port.
With the demand to store inventory for his startup venture, he also gained valuable business experience in warehousing and industrial site selection. His construction experience in the real estate market coupled with his interest in commercial brokering prompted him to pursue an opportunity at The Blau & Berg Company. Under their leadership, he will gear his focus towards site selection for warehouse development and build to suit construction for public and private corporations.
In his personal time, Troy volunteers for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, where he was instrumental in raising over $30,000 for their annual walk in NYC.
- Bergen Catholic High School Class of 2014
- University of Maryland, College Park Class of 2018
- Bachelor of Science, Concentration in Data & Analytics
- Minor in Technology Engineering and Entrepreneurship
- University of Technology Sydney, Australia 2017-2018
- International Business & Technology Engineering
COMMUNITY & PERSONAL INFO
- Volunteer for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Building Development
- Land Development
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Port Logistics
- Site Selection for Industrial and Private Corporations
- Build-to-suit of Industrial Properties